12 Oct WALK LIKE MADD’S 10TH ANNIVERSARY BRINGS THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA COMMUNITY TOGETHER
TO REMEMBER LOVED ONES, INSPIRE CHANGE
AND COMMIT TO END DRUNK DRIVING
According to the latest statistics, 1,120 people died from drunk driving crashes in the state of California which represents 31% of all traffic fatalities in 2017.
WHAT: The Southern California Region of Mothers Against Drunk Driving® (MADD) will host its signature non-competitive 5K fundraising event Walk Like MADD® in the city of Long Beach on Saturday, October 13th and starts at 7:00 a.m. at Granada Beach. Funds go directly to MADD’s lifesaving mission here in Southern California and enable us to provide necessary community services to those affected by drunk driving. The MADD Campaign to Eliminate Drunk Driving, calls for high-visibility law enforcement, ignition interlocks or “in-car breathalyzers” for all convicted drunk drivers and support for the development of advanced technology.
“We walk to finish the job that was started by a grieving mother in 1980. Now in our 38th year, MADD has saved more than 370,000 lives and has served more than 840,000 victims,” said Patricia Rillera, Executive Director, MADD Southern California Region. “Walk Like MADD will raise mission-critical funds to help save lives in our hometown.”
Walk like MADD has three main components:
- Remember: We walk for those who no longer can and alongside those who are learning to walk again.
- Inspire: We walk empowered even when we feel powerless, as survivors when we have been victimized, and with purpose when we have lost our way.
- Commit: We walk with supporters who share our vision of no more drunk driving victims.
Saturday, October 13, 2018
Registration opens at 7:00 a.m.
Pre-walk remarks begin at 8:30 a.m.
Walk begins at 9:00 a.m.
Granada / Rosie’s Dog Beach
1 Granada Ave., Long Beach, CA 90803
(On the corner of Granada Ave. and E. Ocean Blvd.)
WHO: The following people will be in attendance:
- Patricia Rillera, Regional Executive Director, MADD Southern California
- Suzie Price, Councilwoman, 3rd District, City of Long Beach
- Annette Barrera, victim survivor of a impaired driving crash
Patricia Rillera, Regional Executive Director, MADD Southern California Region
(714) 838-6199 Ext. 6654 Office / firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit walklikemadd.org/socal
# # #